1.3

On Monday, April 30th, around 5:30 am my DSL line went down. The first call to customer support was around 6 am Monday morning. At 7 am I called again, and told them exactly where the problem was (their office) and asked if there had been any wiring or equipment changes. They denied it, and kept trying to say the problem was at my end.

I require a decent internet connection for my business, and my customers were calling with problems that I couldn't resolve without logging into their local networks.

By Monday night I was calling customer support every hour. And getting no results.

Tuesday, the DSL line was still down. EarthLink seemed to be doing nothing. I started getting pricing and installation times from other providers.

Wednesday morning they actually sent a tech (a subcontractor) to the house, even though I had proven that the problem wasn't here, and that there was no DSL signal where the wire entered the building. The tech (a subcontractor) knew his stuff and agreed after a 5 second test. He also knew that there had been some wiring changed at the central office. He went there and quickly fixed the problem.

EarthLink *** around for three days and accomplished nothing. An American tech who worked for GTT found and fixed the problem in minutes. And it was exactly what I had told EarthLink three days earlier.

Product or Service Mentioned: Earthlink Technical Support.

Comments