55 views
Verified Reviewer

2.1

I'm an ongoing customer of Earthlink. In May I received my bill receipt and all the way at the bottom it stated that my bill would increase by $5.00, going from $39.95 to $44.95.

There was nothing on my bill stating a reason for the increase so I decided to contact customer support using the chat function on the website. A rep by the name of, "James", told me that the increase in my bill was, "Due to rising costs in their business, they found it necessary to take this action." and it had been "several years since they conducted a price increase and they do not make those decisions lightly." He proceeded to tell me that since I had a concern, I could be excluded / revert me back to my old billing plan with immediate effect. I didn't think that was fair since I'm not the only one whose bill will increase, why should I receive special treatment regarding my bill? Just because I had a concern for WHY it was being increased?

It's not like my bill is increasing and so is the speed of my DSL internet (if only that were true). My bill is just higher and I still have the same inconsistent speeds. When I questioned him further about the increase, asking if it was due to covid pandemic, he said no. He just repeated that it was due to the rising costs in their business and the increase would, "effect all Earthlink customers or just those with DSL." All customers OR just those with DSL?

So not only did I not get a clear answer for the increase in my bill but they're pretty much picking whose bill will be increased and who won't? That didn't sit right with me and it still doesn't.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

EarthLink Pros: Connectivity.

EarthLink Cons: Way they do business, Customer service, Payment options.

Comments