1.7

I was without internet service for 5 full days. I spent hours on the phone with technicians over that span and they were unable to fix it.

They suggested I have my phone lines checked so a service guy from the phone company came over to check. Nothing was wrong. That's when Earthlink said I needed a new modem, which they sent. Lo and behold, at the beginning of the 6th day, they called me asking to turn my computer on to see if I had internet access.

I did. Somehow they figured out what the heck the problem was that should have been figured out on day 1 of no internet access. Good grief. After I replied FOUR times to their invoice email to straighten things out with their erroneous invoice, I gave up and called them today.

After sending SIX emails to customer service about sending me the promised prepaid return Fed Ex label for an unneeded modem they said I needed, no response to any of those 6 emails. This is beyond horrible customer service. It's no service at all and with a company, the customer is king and is supposed to be important.

Ha! It won't surprise me when Earthlink goes out of business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Earthlink Internet Service.

I didn't like: How they ignore emails from their customers, Hustling modems, Customer service, Especially non-english yokels, Tech support.

Comments

I have also had bad experience with Earthlink after 18 years as a customer. Upsold a new modem I didn't need after my internet service quit intermittently.

Shortly after I got off the phone with Indian customer support, my old modem worked like a charm. Too late -- the new modem was already billed to my credit card.

A new issue is email in-box filling up every 3 days, and I am asked if I want to pay to add storage.

Earthlink is not the good company it was in 1999.