My mother passed away in 2011.I called earthlink and cancelled her account.

Then in 2018, I noticed they were still deducting $70/monthly from her estate. They refused to refund anything after I discovered the error. Because it has been so many years, I no longer had her records to give them an confirmation that she wasn't using their services since 2011.

Customer Service said there was nothing they could do.As a result, approximately $5880 was deducted over time from my mom's account.

Review about: Earthlink Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

That is sad I'm sorry to hear about your mom first of all but for these Racist crooks

The executor / executrix of the estate has failed to perform his/her single most important duty : closure and distribution of estate assets.I can't imagine how an estate could remain unsettled after 7 years apparently with real estate involved and, in this case, non cancelled utilities - at least one of which has been deducted 84 consecutive months which went unnoticed ?

Strike Two for the executor.You had better get someone to clean up this mess and quickly money is being siphoned off without cause in this way for sure and who knows what else ????

It took you 7 years to notice this? Wow.

Get a good of a local television station.Most have a consumer investigative person always looking for a good story of a consumer being wronged.They will eat this up, and the money will be returned.The excuse will most likely be "we failed to handle this in a proper manner, the money has been returned"

to Anonymous #1446368

The consumer has not been wronged ; the service was provided to an apparently habitable dwelling for 84 consecutive months as an estate property with no financial oversight regarding certain estate expenditures.